You came into my life without a warning, On a day that was never meant to change mine. You had come for my friend's introduction, And fate quietly wrote our names on the same line.
Then came Malindi— The ocean whispered, The night was young, And I was lost in a crush I could no longer hide. The laughter was loud, The drinks were stronger, And in one reckless, unforgettable moment, I surrendered to the magic of the night.
When you left, I smiled at the memories, Convinced they would remain just that. I expected nothing more than A beautiful one-night story, A stranger I'd never see again.
But life had other plans.
A message became a conversation. A conversation became a habit. A habit became my favourite part of every day.
Slowly, You became my "good morning," My random afternoon check-in, My "have you eaten?" My "goodnight." You became the person I couldn't wait to hear from, Even if it was only a text or two.
I still remember our first phone call. The silence felt awkward, The words refused to come. Neither of us knew That one call Would become countless conversations That would fill my days with laughter, Comfort, And peace.
With every meeting, The walls around my heart grew weaker. Without asking for permission, You walked in, Made yourself at home, And became my greatest weakness.
I didn't notice the exact moment it happened, But somewhere between The chats, The calls, The stolen moments, And the longing between our goodbyes...
I fell in love.
Now I miss you Long before you've even gone. I count down the days until I can see you again. I replay our memories, Smile at our conversations, And when distance separates us, My heart finds you anyway.
You are the thought that lingers, The smile that appears without reason, The warmth I crave, The embrace I miss.
What began as a stranger, Became my comfort. What began as a moment, Became my forever.
If someone asked me Where love found me, I would simply smile and say—
It found me In the most unexpected place, At the most unexpected time, Wrapped in someone I never planned to keep, But now, Could never imagine losing.
I love you, B. More than yesterday, Less than tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment